Eberle Auction Service is a full service auction company owned and operated by Tom Eberle. We employ a complete and professional auction staff. The company provides everything you need to hold a successful farm equipment, real estate, household, estate, specialty or benefit auction at competitive rates.
- Auctions: Including household, estate, farm land, farm equipment, real estate, business closures and specialty (guns, coins, toys, antiques and benefit).
- Clerking: Complete collections and settlement.
- Advertising: Including newspaper, radio, local channel, flyers, posters, and Internet.
- Pre-Sale Cleanup, Grouping and Organizing of Items: Just a few more of the many things we can do to make your auction a success.
- Auction Value Assessments: Need to know what one or all of your items are worth? We do complete auction value estimates.
- Complete & Partial Estate Buy Outs: No muss, no fuss, just cash.
- Auction Order Buying: Need help finding an item? We do that too!
From a young age growing up near the small rural community of Plover, Iowa, Tom Eberle attended auctions with his family. He always enjoyed the environment and excitement of the events. As a young farmer he continued to go to auctions and purchased farm equipment for his own business. But this didn't fulfill his desire to be a part of this exciting business. In 1990, Tom made the decision to go to the World Wide College of Auctioneering in Mason City, Iowa and become a professional auctioneer to supplement his farming operation. Thus creating Eberle Auction Service, which quickly grew into a successful business.
Realizing an opportunity to expand this business in 1996, Tom and wife Mary purchased and renovated a building in Milford, Iowa at 2302 Okoboji Avenue (on Highway 71). Thus starting a complimentary business called The Auction House.
In late 2014 we sold The Auction House and are capitalizing on Farm Land, Farm Machinery & Complete Househould Estate Auctions.
Eberle Auction Service has performed over 900 professional auctions in northwest Iowa locations including Rolfe, West Bend, Ottosen, Algona, Gilmore City, Whittemore, Plover, Laurens, Pocahontas, Mallard, Ayrshire, Emmetsburg, Graettinger, Spencer, Milford, Spirit Lake, and an ever widening area in and around these locations. As well as assisting with government DNR and GSA auctions in Des Moines, Iowa.
Other Interests and Information
Tom Eberle and Mary Sporrer were married in 1974 and started farming his family farm near Plover. They have two children, Brenda (married to Jason Fischer) a graduate of the University of Iowa and presently living in St. Louis, MO. And Jeff, a graduate of Iowa State University, presently living in Des Moines, IA. We are members of St. Mary's Catholic Church in Mallard. Tom has been on the Plover Fire Department since 1974, and served as Chief for 9 of those years. He has been on the Board of Directors for Northwest Telephone Cooperative Association since 1985. He is also a member of the Iowa Auctioneers Association.